Electrical noise is the source of many issues in motion systems. Following best practices with wiring and cabling can prevent or eliminate the impact of electrical noise on a motion system.
- Liberty* MDrive
- MDrive Linear Actuator
- MDrive Plus
- Motion, Drives & Controllers
- Stepper Motors
The impact of electrical noise in a system is greatly reduced by following a few basic practices:Signal cabling should be 22 AWG, shielded twisted pairs.
- Provide adequate strain relief for all cables.
- Minimum cable bend radius = 4 x cable diameter.
- Cut the shield at the I/O device end, leave floating.
- Connect the shield at the Motion Control Device end earth.
- Ensure that all earth connections to the control cabinet are free of paint.
- Do not run power cabling along side signal cabling.
- Keep grounds as short as possible.
- If a secondary shield is used over the primary, tie both ends of the secondary shield to earth.
When it comes to your form, fit and function requirements, don’t settle. Get precisely what you need working with us. We know motion.
Contact us with any questions about how we can help you with your motion application or for assistance with your IMS products.