Initial Setup and Reset of CyberSecurity
This tutorial provides information on the initial setup of the “CyberSecurity feature” on the Liberty* MDrive (LMD) standard and high-torque ethernet devices that are shipped with cybersecurity enabled.
- Liberty* MDrive
- Liberty* MDrive Linears
- Liberty* MDrive Software Suite
- IBM compatible PC running
Microsoft® Windows 7
or higher with available USB port
and USB to RJ45 convertor, or
integral RJ45 connection.
Before you begin
LMD ethernet devices with a CSE mark on the product label of the motor indicates that cybersecurity is enabled on the device and additional setup is required before the device
can be used.
Download and install the Liberty* Software Suite.
Step-by-step for initial setup:
- Launch the Liberty* Software Suite.
- Launch the Ethernet Interface from the Liberty* Software Suite Launch Screen.
- Connect the LMD to the computer.
- Establish a connection through the ethernet interface using the Connect button on the Ethernet Interface.
- Follow the prompts to setup an ethernet password.
For information on initial setup and password reset, refer to the Setup Notes available for download from:
Initial Setup and Reset of Cybersecurity
For additional information on CyberSecurity, refer to:
When it comes to your form, fit and function requirements, don’t settle. Get precisely what you need working with us. We know motion.
Contact us with any questions about how we can help you with your motion application or for assistance with your IMS products.